sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable 0.5 status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable 0.5 status
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:11:03 -0500

On Sep 16, Flavien Bridault [vlaaad AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> Le samedi 16 septembre 2006 ? 12:47 -0500, Jeremy Blosser a ?crit :
> > On Sep 16, Flavien Bridault [vlaaad AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> > > Hello people,
> > >
> > > Could we have some informations about the status of the next stable
> > > release ? I didn't ask that on IRC, but I'm putting this here because I
> > > think that could interest everyone.
> > > There are still lot of bugs waiting for integration in stable-rc, so I
> > > guess there is something that blocks the process. Maybe git issues ?
> > > Full history in git ? Prometheus ?
> > > It was told that stable versions would be released more often, so that's
> > > why I'm worrying. ;-)
> >
> > Yeah, Seth's been waiting for me to get the full history stuff done in git
> > before we cut the new branch so that it doesn't get even more complex.
> > And
> > I obviously have had minimal time since the new baby came.
>
> I didn't remember you had a new baby... If I didn't say it before,
> congratulations ! :-)
> Otherwise, can we help you in one way or another to import the history ?

The problem is that after I got everything through the automated merging
there were still quite a lot of conflicts between the two. I need to track
those down and figure out if they're part of some systemic flaw in the
import scripts or if they just have to be merged by hand. So far a fair
lot of them look to be the result of people making similar but incompatible
changes in both p4 and git while both were being used.

So... yeah, people could possibly help I guess, but getting it in a state
to be collaborated on could take a bit. As long as development is able to
go on unhindered having the very clean merge history seems secondary to me.