sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git, inkscape, ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git, inkscape, ...
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:15:11 +0200

Le mardi 12 septembre 2006 à 11:58 +0200, Ladislav Hagara a écrit :
> Howdy all,
>
> just looking through the git commits committed during Ibiblio Down Time
> and wondering about update of inkscape.
> Seem inkscape was first updated to 0.44.1 by George Sherwood [1] and
> after 6 hours it was updated again to 0.44.1 by Flavien Bridault [2].
> It is strange there are no conflicts in git.
> Is it a bug or a feature of git?
>
> [1]
> http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/gitweb.cgi?p=smgl/grimoire.git;a=commitdiff;h=66d6d9f836acc306c8292c68bce67908f5963d08;hp=9d087019784a2f24c2be2a6080e0cc32cffdaa57
> [2]
> http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/gitweb.cgi?p=smgl/grimoire.git;a=commitdiff;h=b691ea6954edd455e4c2fb7a966b0d7241d69622;hp=9d087019784a2f24c2be2a6080e0cc32cffdaa57

imho the problem is rather between the keyboard and the screen... ;-)

There was a conflict when I merged origin in my master head. So I simply
removed my own entry in history and my sig, and then the merging was ok.
But of course the git log still mentions my initial commit.
What was I supposed to do ? Revert my commit ? Go back at a previous
head (not always handy if you did some commits after the conflicting
one).

But anyway, the current inkscape spell is clean afaik.
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be