sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Problems with login at a vt

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <sourcemage AT feline-soul.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Problems with login at a vt
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:23:10 -0600 (MDT)

Folks,

I'm having a strange problem logging in. My computer starts in RL3. If i
enter a login/pw combination correctly the first time, i'm in with no
problems. If i enter a login/pw incorrectly and then enter it correctly a
second time, i just get a hanging pw prompt. No key combination gets me
out of it. I have to switch to another VT to log in and the first one just
sits there indefinitely.

Has anyone else seen this? It started about the time i updated to
xorg-server on 20060805, but looking through my activity log, i don't see
any spells that were cast related to shadow or any such processes.

Thanks,

Bearcat M. Sandor