sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] www/etc.sourcemage.org down

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] www/etc.sourcemage.org down
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:19:20 -0500

On Jul 14, Juuso Alasuutari [iuso AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> On Friday 14 July 2006 01:59, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > And we're back up again.
>
> What was the reason for this borkage again?

I don't have a full answer to that yet. I heard "blown transformer" but
frankly there's not many responses to "why were we down for 12 hours" that
I'll accept as a "reason". Mostly just natural disasters and I live in DFW
so I think I'd know if that was the case.

It looks quite a lot like I won't stick with this provider when this
contract is up. I have another area provider I also use for hosting and
they provide a lot better service even though they promise less (I've had 0
downtime with them and get real answers to questions, for starters).