sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki bio pages

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki bio pages
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:38:34 +0200

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 01:06:24PM +0200, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Sun, 25 Jun 2006 03:00:55 +0200
> schrieb "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > finished mine as well:
> > http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Mathieu_Lonjaret
>
> Boah! How did you manage to get a Master's degree and being working on the
> next one at that age?
> I'm 25 and still struggling to finally get something written for physics
> diploma...
>
> Is it the fast french education system or are you just a smart
> speed-learning whiz kid?

2 reasons:
first it is indeed thx to the french education system that I passed my
Astrophysics master's when I was 22 (nothing unusual about that, I
didn't skip any year ...),
second I found out about this cool formation which allows students who
already have 4 years in science at uni to do this one extensive year to
get a master's degree in cs. But of course, it's a very practical
formation since we only have one year, so we skip all the theory and
learn how to code properly, some software engineering, some db, some
network stuff... etc. And since I already had 5 five years at uni, way
to go for me :)

> Maybe this ESRF facility in your neighbourhood threw some smart quarks at
> you;-)

Nah, they only accelerate electrons to get some synchrotron radiation
there. However, I'm currently working in a lab not that far from the neutron
reactor ;)

> Jealous,

heh, patience... ;P

> Thomas.