sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] inputrc change

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] inputrc change
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:36:09 +0300

On Sunday 25 June 2006 01:29, Daniel Goller wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 22:56 +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
<...>
> > I think the keys should do nothing by default. The installed inputrc
> > should only have the minimum stuff like delete/backsapce, home/end.
>
> we already have a inputrc that does the useless (Default?) action of
> pageup/down jumping to history beginning/end, making it search
> forward/backward would make it only be a change to what we provide now,
> not add a entirely new file ;)

It's of course always possible to comment those parts out that are seen as
unnecessary, and add info about what they do if uncommented. There's already
one section like that in the present inputrc.

So, if others also agree on what Arwed said, it would be OK to make the
change
that Daniel suggested, but comment that part out with explanation, no?

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]