sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] nvidia

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] nvidia
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:28:31 +0300

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 18:04, John Harding wrote:
> Craig,
>
> There's a patch necessary that you can look for in the online forums
> either at sourcemage.org or nvidia linux forums. I did it by hand here
> and it worked great.
>
> John

The patch that enables build on 2.6.16 is already in the spell. It _should_
be
applied if kernel version is 2.6.16 or higher; at least it worked for me.

Craig, when was the last time you updated your z-rejected grimoire? The fix
has been there for a few days now.

It might of course be possible that my hack doesn't always recognize whether
the user has 2.6.16 installed or not. Maybe I should just force it. But I
don't yet know if it'll break something with older kernels.

Juuso