sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Computed dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Computed dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:49:21 +0100

Hi Paul !

> Generally spells in basesystem are not included in the dependency list.
Ah, right ! I can get list of basesystem spells by
'gaze dependencies basesystem 2', right ?

> BTW, I wrote a similar script which tries to find missing direct and
> indirect dependencies:
> http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~dufflebunk/smgl/listLibDepends.sh

Aaaah, so I'm reinventing wheel, as usual ;) Good work on commenting the
script, I'm usually too lazy to do that ... I gave it just a quick look

./listLibDepends.sh dosbox
games/games-emulators/dosbox
Official vs. ELF: ELF dependencies not in direct official list:
aalib alsa-lib g++ gcc libggi libgii libpng slang xorg zlib

Well, you list aalib, however dosbox does not depend on aalib. My guess
is that libsdl does. This is intended ? Imo, adding aalib dependency
would be wrong, but what exactly is 'the dependency' seems to me blurry
last few days.

> It probably has a few bugs hanging around in it, but it was good enough
> for my purposes.

And what does not have bugs ? :)

Thanks, I'll study it more. You seem to be tracking g++ and gcc
dependency better than I am.

--
neuron