sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] swsup with evdev mouse ?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Timothée Lecomte <timothee.lecomte AT ens.fr>
  • To: disk AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] swsup with evdev mouse ?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:20:41 +0100

Flavien Bridault (Disk Guru) a écrit :
Hi people !

I'm not sure someone could help me on this very specific problem but,
who knows ? :)
I got my laptop at last working with suspend-to-disk [0]. I would be a
really happy guy if my usb mouse would like to resume as well... In
fact, it resumes well if I use the "mouse" driver in xorg, but not if I
use the "evdev" driver ( I have a 7 buttons Logitech mouse, and I really
LOVE to push my wheel on its sides to go back and forward in my web
browse ).
I attached my xorg.conf and udev local rules file. I tried to
unload/load the modules (psmouse, evdev, usbhid, uhci_hcd, ehci_hcd) but
it doesn't change anything. Having only the mouse or mouse+touchpad also
doesn't seem to influence something.
If someone has an idea or any information about the suspend support of
xorg evdev driver... thanks in advance :)
Hi Flavien !

I have a laptop with a usual "synaptics" touchpad and a USB 8-button logitech mouse (MX500). It is working great for me with suspend-to-disk (implementation from www.suspend2.net, but I assume it should work with the mainline kernel too). The touchpad and the mouse work at the same time, the touchpad is declared as the CorePointer, and the usb mouse automatically works when I plug it, or if it is plugged when I resume from suspended state. Well, not all buttons work because I use the regular mouse driver which doesn't handle all of them.

My hibernate script unloads usb modules at suspend time, and they are loaded back at resume time (I assume it is udev which loads them).
As far as evdev is concerned, you won't see it in xorg.conf, but it is used, at least by the synaptics touchpad.

I hope this will help !

Best regards,

Timothée Lecomte
(happy sourcemage user)

Here are the relevant parts of my xorg.conf :

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"