sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Python section

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Python section
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:55:27 -0500

It's great there's no breakage but I agree that it can be confusing for people. I kind of like the "py" name now, is anyone strongly against it?

Andrew Stitt wrote:

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:14:29PM +0100, Andrew ruskie Levstik wrote:

I don't have a good name suggestion, "python" and "py" are the best I
can come up with. Is anything wrong with calling it just "py" for short?

One problem with calling it python it would break the python spell wouldn't
it?

It shouldn't break the spell... I scribbled python spell into a python
section, seems to works fine. The only concern I have would be potential
confusion between the keyboard and the chair.