sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test2 is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test2 is out
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 03:06:58 +0200

There's Yet Another Testing ISO out ;-)
This one fixes the last bugs spotted on -test1 and might be
almost identical to what we'll release as 0.9.5.

Playing with it. For now fail. But it is my shortage, I had to compile kernel and forgot something.

I have new box for playing and it needs mptspi, mptscsih and mptbase modules (for SCSI disk).
These modules are on install ISO but I have to load them manually.
I am able to stop installation, run modprobe from shell (Alt-F2) and load them and after that Alt-F1 and continue, fdisk, ....

While booting ISO we can load modules. It is great but no for mpt... modules.
Is possible to add directory drivers/messages/fusion/ to that list. Same as drivers/scsi, drivres/usb, ...?
ISO with this directory/modules could be used as recovery CD for me.

If that modules were built in kernel all could be without problems. :-)

--
Are we really up-to-date http://distrowatch.com/sourcemage ?

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer