sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Security Team Lead Position

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Security Team Lead Position
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:51:29 +0800

Hi Mathieu,

It is probably wise to use a smarthost (connected to a static pool,
rather than a blacklisted pool of DHCP IPs ) to send your email, rather
than use your own mailserver (for incoming it's no problem, but for
outgoing it's wise).

Your ISP should provide you with a SMTP server that they will allow
outgoing mail from your block, so just configure your mailserver to
forward it to your ISPs mailserver.

Otherwise, find a friendly SGML-er who has a static IP and no bandwidth
limits :)

Damien