sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] K3b Ripping with FLAC

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] K3b Ripping with FLAC
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:41:44 -0700

Hey folks,

Just sending out a line to see if anyone has any answers.

I'm trying to use k3b to rip CDs to the FLAC format. I noticed that the
resulting files didn't have the genere and album title in the id3 tag.

I altered the flac command line to include these tags. The k3b dialog does
not
indicate the correct variable name for the genre, but i assumed it was %g.

When tryng to rip a cd, it immediately fails with "Error while encoding track
1."

There is no output at the console and no logged error.

I removed the tag argument for the genre and still get the same error.

The argument sent to flac is: "flac -V --best -o %f --tag=Artist=%a
--tag=Album=%m --tag=Title=%t --tag=Tracknumber=%n --tag=Genre=%g
--tag=Comment=%x"

Anyone see anything wrong with this? How can I force k3b to give me more
output?

Thanks
--
Bearcat M. Sandor
Owner

  • [SM-Discuss] K3b Ripping with FLAC, Bearcat M. Sandor, 03/09/2005