sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] findutils

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] findutils
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:00:30 -0800

On Saturday 05 March 2005 08:26 am, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> for the last few days I get lots of messages of the type
>
> find: /home/treeve/p4/misc/ndiswrapper: Too many levels of symbolic links
>
> when I do 'scribe reindex'
>
> My ~/p4/misc directory contains symlinks to various spells from the devel
> grimoire
>
> The problem seems to have started when findutils was updated to 4.2.18.
>
> Every thing worked well before that.
>
> I tried both stable sorcery and the latest test sorcery.
> Any ideas?
> # dispel -d findutils 4.2.15
> findutils is sustained.
> Unable to downgrade findutils dispel failed

You could temporarily comment out that spell in the
/var/lib/sorcery/sustained
file, downgrade findutils, hold the spell then remove the comment
from /var/lib/sorcery/sustained. I did something similar when playing with
gettext. That would allow you to both verify if findutils was the culprit
and revert to a usable system.

--
Jason Flatt
Father of five: http://www.flattfamily.com/