sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Social Contract Revision - Part II

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Social Contract Revision - Part II
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:15:13 -0800

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 09:40:47AM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> There are two parts to this revision of our Social Contract[0] (SC) that I'd
> like to propose.
>
> The second part, this one, talks about adding clauses to our SC for
> ownership of
> contributions to SMGL.
>
> I would like to propose an addendum to Article I or a new Article between
> Articles I and II:
>
> All developers of Source Mage GNU/Linux agree to assign over copyright and
> ownership of their contributions for Source Mage GNU/Linux to the public
> group
> Source Mage GNU/Linux under the GNU GPL.
>
> Would that cover the bases we're talking about?

I think it should be clear that they need to document what work they do
through a ChangeLog, and it sould also specify that Source Mage is not
claiming authorship of their work changes.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |