sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gdm2 script lacks start()?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gdm2 script lacks start()?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:12:22 -0500

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:35:31AM -0500, Jeremy Kolb wrote:

Eric Sandall wrote:

Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:

Eric Sandall wrote:

Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:

This suddenly started happening (not sure if it's just something on my
end or not, as I don't remember casting gdm2 recently, that's why I
haven't bugzillaed it), but gdm2 doesn't start for me on init. I looked
at the script and there's only a stop() and status() but no start.
What's going on here?

Functions only have to be defined if they differ from the standard

simpleinit

function.

-sandalle

Hm... well there's nothing about gdm starting when I boot and telinit
enable gdm tells me that it's already enabled, also telinit run gdm
start doesn't work. The only way to get the script to start is by
running gdm-binary manually.

Jeremy

Works fine here using test grimoire. Which grimoire are you using?

-sandalle

Devel. I even recast -r -c gdm2 and no difference.

Do you have gdm as provider of display_manager in
/etc/sysconfig/facilities? If there's something else in there gdm won't
start.

Ahhh that was it thanks. Entrance was in there. Gdm should ask if you want to put it there I think.

Thanks!

Jeremy