sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] reiser4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] reiser4
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:54:05 +0100

Le Mercredi 19 Janvier 2005 08:01, Frank Switalski a écrit :
> Is there a way to create an smgl with nothing but the reiser4
> filesystem on it? I know reiser4 is not included in the ISO so you
> can't create it from a fresh install. From what I've seen it's stable
> enough for usage on an everday box and I'd like to try it out. Is
> there a singular patch for reiser4 support and what does everyone
> think of including it, if it exists, in the next ISO release?
>
> - ner0x -
Hi Frank,

Well, reiser4 (reiser4progs, libaal, kernel patch and grub support) has just
been integrated in the test grimoire, thanks to Thomas, so it is currently...
in test :-p The only way to use it far from now is to do the install on a
ext3 partition, then copying it post-install on a reiser4 partition... :-/

I don't know if the ISO team has scheduled the integration in the next ISO,
but I wish it will soon be. Reiser4 is indeed not yet stable, but a lot of
people would like to try it.
Furthermore It will be better for people who switch to reiser4 not to have to
download gentoo or yoper iso as a rescue CD... ;-)

Thomas Houssin is being writing a wiki page for reiser4, so for all technical
stuff, please refer to (note that this page is not yet finished ;-) ) :
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Reiser4
--
Flavien Bridault
Source Mage GNU/Linux - Disk Guru

IRC : vlaaad
Jabber : vlaaad AT amessage.be

http://www.sourcemage.org

  • [SM-Discuss] reiser4, Frank Switalski, 01/19/2005
    • Re: [SM-Discuss] reiser4, Flavien Bridault, 01/19/2005