sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mount Issues

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT tamsco.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mount Issues
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:10:46 +0300

That wasn't what I wanted to hear. I was waiting to hear, "man, I
restarted my machine after upgrading to 2.12p and everything is screwed
up. I see what you mean..."

LOL, that was perhaps wishful thinking on my part ;)

I did notice though that after you said it worked, I tried just running
the command in the command line, and it worked fine. I was able to
remount it without a problem. but when I uncommented the same command
in mountall.sh the problem comes back during the boot process.

I don't know what's going on :\

Regards,
SilverS

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:32:19 +0100
Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 07:17:20PM +0300, David C. Haley wrote:
> > Current version of util-linux: 2.12p
> >
> > --SilverS
>
> Just updated to util-linux 2.12p and can't reproduce this with an ext3
> filesystem, so not sure why it's failing for you.
>
> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:35:07 +0100
> > Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net> wrote:

> > what

> > -f

> > > This problem existed in util-linux version 2.12g (while in
util-linux
> > > 2.12e umount was broken), which util-linux version are you using?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Arwed v. Merkatz Source Mage
GNU/Linux