sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux spell suggestion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux spell suggestion
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:20:36 -0800

Quoting Frank Switalski <ne00xide AT gmail.com>:
> I was thinking the linux spell could include sections for patches such as
> - Hardware
> * alsa
> * alps
> - Security
> * blah
> * blah
> - Software
> * blah
> * blah
> - Patchsets
> * mm
> * nitro
> * ck
> * cko
>
> There would probably be many more and different ideas, that was just
> an example. I would also like to include the latest major patchsets
> including mm, nitro, ck, and cko.

Why would you want to break them out into sections like that? The new
linux-new
(heh) spell lists patches by kernel version, so you only get a list of patches
that will apply against the kernel you chose so the list will be smaller, if
that's your reasoning for the layout above.

Also, it's easy to add patches to either linux spell, just file a bug with the
patch and someone will add it.

-sandalle