sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Grub spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Grub spell
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:06:04 +0100

Hi people,

You may have seen that we recently updated the grub spell to 0.95. We got
some
trouble with it, and we did a lot of cleaning work. We now use grub-install
instead of grub-shell in order to copy grub to the MBR.

Personnally, I still have some issues with dump grub-shell function (used by
grub-install) which copies incorrectly files from time to time (really
randomly)... This might be linked with my SATA disk, don't know exactly what
is the problem. I posted a bug on savannah.gnu.org more than a week ago,
waiting for the answer...

I just want to know if the spell works correctly for you ? We will have to do
some extra work to get grub working with reiserfs4, so I would like to have
some feedback before going on...

Thanks :-)
--
Flavien Bridault
Source Mage GNU/Linux - Disk Guru

IRC : vlaaad
Jabber : vlaaad AT amessage.be

  • [SM-Discuss] Grub spell, Flavien Bridault, 12/21/2004