sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New ivman spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New ivman spell
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:35:15 +0100

Hi people !

I just want to say that I added ivman spell to the latest test grimoire.
Ivman
is a daemon that allow automatic mounting of external devices. It can be
compared to supermount or submount, but it is totally in userspace. It works
well better as submount, which has some trouble with KDE, although I didn't
manage to find why exactly.

Such a spell is only for lazy people like me. I'm convinced that it will add
some more magic power to my box ;-)
But I know that a lot of people think that automatic mounting is EVIL, so
feel
free to still mount/umount your devices manually ;-)

++
--
Flavien Bridault
Source Mage GNU/Linux - Disk Guru