sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] php5, php4 and phpMyAdmin

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] php5, php4 and phpMyAdmin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:53:47 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, David Michael Leo Brown Jr. wrote:
I was just curious phpMyAdmin depends on php4...

I have it installed with php 5 and it works just fine...
I have to turn off verbose error and warnings but it works...

Also the documentation for phpMyAdmin says that it works for php 4.1.0 or
later

Just curious as to why it's been this way and who is maintains the spell
(just so I don't trample over anything that's someone elses)

That's because when I last tested phpmyadmin against php 5 we didn't
have the pcre fix into php, so myphpadmin loaded with a lot of errors.
It probably works fine now (actually, I think I had just tested it
yesterday with php ;)) so feel free to update the dependency to PHP.

-sandalle