sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Init functions leaking

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Init functions leaking
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:06:05 -0500

I've got a script that calls /sbin/shorewall. It doesn't run in an init
script or anything, but somehow all of the special init script functions
get defined, including echo(). I've no idea how this is happening, the
script doesn't source any files. Needless to say, having echo overridden
to output extra stuff causes bad things to happen.

Does anyone have any idea how this may be happening, and how to stop it?
For now, I just have unset -f echo in the script.

  • [SM-Discuss] Init functions leaking, Paul Mahon, 12/03/2004