sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox 1.0 is released

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>
  • To: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox 1.0 is released
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:42:50 +0100

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:55:18 -0800
Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:41:54PM +0100, Bas van Gils wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:40:15AM -0800, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> > > XFT isn't compiling for me
> >
> > Perhaps it's me but: I don't seem to have an XFT spell (I'm running the
> > test-grimoire). Am I missing the point or what?
>
> We're talking about the --enable-xft option to mozilla, and xft is
> essentially an extension to X to provide nice anti-aliased fonts. I
> think it was rolled into X a while ago, so the spell(s) was(were)
> deprecated and removed.

Does anyone still have those spells? I'm using xdirectfb om my laptop
and some spells complain about Xft missing or too old.
I've been trying to figure out how to let xdirectfb use xorg, but
so far no luck.

Arjan

> The problem is that the xft support in mozilla uses old freetype2 api
> calls when our new freetype2 has had a different api for something like
> a year. Our patches to fix the api calls cover 80-90% of the change
> right now, but each release the mozilla/firefox developers change
> something around whenever we get that up to 100%.
>
> At least, that's the best way I can think to explain it.
>
> Seth
>
> --
> Seth Alan Woolley [seth at positivism.org], SPAM/UCE is unauthorized
> Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
> http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
> Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
+===