sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Devel sorcery changed the way how to invoke root privileged shell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Devel sorcery changed the way how to invoke root privileged shell
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:04:59 +0200

Hello,

In order to fix bug 7524 I commited change in calling new shell from

su - -c "DISPLAY=$DISPLAY whatever"

su -p -c "whatever"

Basically it means that when you invoke one of our commands as regular
user, and the command executes self with root privileges, your original
environment is left untouched (even $HOME). I have tested this change
for some time locally and it worked fine, but anyway I feel that I
should warn you here :)

--
Neuron

  • [SM-Discuss] Devel sorcery changed the way how to invoke root privileged shell, neuron, 10/27/2004