sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Last call for test sorcery bugs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Last call for test sorcery bugs
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:36:42 -0700

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:03:30PM +0200, neuron wrote:
> > Spell bug, cant set OPTS as a persistent variable.
>
> I could easilly add some check to persistent_add to look for known
> sorcery internal variables like OPTS and DEBUG. Even if that will stay
> in devel codex only, it could help. What do you think ?

Grepping the codex would probably work too:

grep -r config_query /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test/*|grep "\<OPTS\>"
collab/openldap/CONFIGURE:config_query_option OPTS
\
disk/netatalk/CONFIGURE:config_query_option OPTS \
[...]
kdeextragear/digikamplugins/CONFIGURE: config_query_option OPTS "Enable
OpenGL?" n "--enable-opengl" "--disable-opengl"
net/rrdtool/CONFIGURE:config_query_option OPTS "Build shared libraries?" y \
net/rrdtool/CONFIGURE:config_query_option OPTS "Use ISO-8859-2 fonts?" n \
windowmanagers/icewm/CONFIGURE:config_query_option OPTS
\

It would still be useful to temporarily put the check into
persistent_add, and make sorcery exit immediatly, that way someone
will be more likely to notice the problem. We can always remove it for
stable releases.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |