sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Firefox keeps crashing...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Firefox keeps crashing...
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:43:32 +0100

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:17:02 +0200, Bas van Gils wrote
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 01:35:08PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > Well, I did all that you tell Eric, but I still get the same error :
> >
> > /usr/lib/firefox-0.9.3/run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 25370 Erreur de
> > segmentation
> > "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
>
> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem a few months back with 0.9.2... if you browse
> the archives of this mailinglists then you'll probably run into the
> postings. The fix for me was to recompile glibc with ntpl, then rm
> -rf ~/.mozilla. Hope this helps.
>
> Bas
>
> P.S. is it only compiled firefox, or did you try the binary from
> their site as well ?

Bas,

Then only thing that fixed it for me was to rebuild xorg - I installed the cvs
version and my problems with firefox dispeared. A workaround was to specify to
always use my fonts in firefox config. With that, it stoped crashing on a few
sites with the same error people have been posting here.

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com