sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] coreutils

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] coreutils
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:59:21 -0700

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:10:04AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I was wondering, has anybody else got trouble updating coreutils?
> > When updating my laptop, coreutils got stuck complaining about being
> > unable
> > locate /bin/mkdir.
> >
> > It seems as if it's dispelled first before installing. After that it
> > obviously
> > can't find mkdir, install and the others...
> > I manually copied the executables to /bin and my system works fine now,
> > however, coreutils is not tracked by smgl now...
> >
> > I'm running test sorcery with test grimoire.
>
> I've never had that problem. Could you try recasting (with `cast -c
> coreutils`)
> now that you have the files back and see if it installs fine (may want to
> backup the files again, just in case ;))?

He'll want to do this twice. The first time, since it is untracked, it
won't dispel the files and cause the mkdir, but if he's still having the
problem, it should show up on the second recast, which by the time it
begins the dispel process should have the files tracked from the first
recompile.

Seth

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org