sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: glx, radeon, and partition copying

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L" <lejatorn AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: glx, radeon, and partition copying
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:26:47 +0000

<snip>

> > Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> > Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual
> > and it's the same wether or not I have "Load "glx"" in my xorg.conf.
> > Anyone having a clue please?
>
> Regular xorg|xfree86 etc. do not provide DRI/GLX for nvidia cards (via the
> "nv"
> driver). If you want DRI/GLX you'll need the NVIDIA driver installed and X
> set
> to use the "nvidia" driver.
> <snip>
>
> -sandalle

That's weird because I do remember a time when I was having like 100 fps with
glxgears while I know I have around 1000 fps when using "nvidia" driver,
that's why I thought I've already used glxgears without the use of "nvidia"
driver.
Anyway, I don't really need glxgears, I thought it was a bug but if you say
it's normal behaviour...

Mathieu.
We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.