sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] init script renaming

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] init script renaming
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:46:39 -0700

The funny thing about the standard is that some scripts must have an .sh
ending, but that all the rest must not have an .sh ending, or something
like that. The standard was cooked up by a committee arrangment of
backwards-compatibility wonks and progress people coming to a
compromise.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 06:22:36PM -0000, evraire AT tuwg.com wrote:
> I think we should be as standards compliant as we can be, so I vote
> that we name it back. (We could add .sh to all of our scripts to be
> compliant AND consistent if you wanted to. :)
>

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have just been informed that the 4 scripts I renamed[0] were left
> > that way for a reason[1]. Shall I leave them as is or put them back
> > to how LANANA says they should be? Either way is fine with me, I was
> > just trying to have a consistent look. ;)
> >
> > -sandalle
> >
> > [0] mountall.sh, keymap.sh, and hostname.sh from init.d and hwclock.sh
> > from
> > util-linux.
> > [1] Naming convention accord to http://www.lanana.org/lsbreg/init/init.txt

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org