sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem installing SMGL 20040414

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem installing SMGL 20040414
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:52:46 -0700

Quoting Ricardo Izquierdo <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>:
> Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
<snip>
> > Did you get any errors when recompiling? Perhaps file a bug to have that
> driver
> > included (as a module [did you check to see if it was there already?])?
>
> No erros, only the same line about the modem.

Are you missing a needed module for your modem? Does it need binary-only
drivers?

<snip>
> > I haven't noticed that problem (just reinstalled this weekend using
> 20040414
> > 2.6), but then I always do a `scribe update` after installation before
> doing
> > anything (though I usually add test and remove stable ;)).
>
> Ok. I'll try what you are suggesting Eric and first do a srcibe update,
> before
> the sorcery system-update and the sorcery rebuild.

I believe our install HOWTO mentions that. ;)

<snip>
> > Our bootloader doesn't do any auto-detection of OS' installed on your
> system and
> > only creates an entry for the currently running kernel (or the just
> installed
> > one if you told grub/lilo/etc. to do that). You have to manually add other
> > entries.
>
> I think that, is only that the solution that I enter doesn't work.

What doesn't work? Manually entering your Windows partition? The
autodetection?

<snip>
> Try again, next weekend. I have more info and idea about it. Thanks.

Good luck. :) If you need any help IRC (irc.freenode.net #sourcemage) is a
good
place for "live" discussions.

-sandalle