sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Broken grimoires

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ondra Tomecka <otom7630 AT lucy.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Broken grimoires
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:09:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

Am I the only one who is unable to correctly update grimoires or it is
more common error?

Symptoms are that there are lots of missing spells from the grimoire (I'm
using test and stable, with test having higher priority), and scribe
update does not fix it. It started some time last week but I didn't have
time to investigate it to make sure the spells are really missing. I'm
using test branch of sorcery, version 1.10.2-rc2. But the problem persists
when downgrading to latest stable sorcery. I guess it's not
sorcery-related anyway. At some moment I thought that I may be getting
incomplete file, but wget reports "`test.tar.bz2' saved [1923704/1923704]"
for test and "`stable.tar.bz2' saved [1893877/1893877]". Games grimoire
seems to be fine.

Spells which I found missing:
DBD-mysql DBI DB_File Digest-MD5 HTML-Parser HTML-Tagset LWP MIME-Base64
MPlayer-codecs MPlayer-fonts Net-FTP ORBit SDL-sdlpl URI WindowMaker
WindowMaker-extra Wine Xdialog alsa-lib alsa-utils apmd atk audiofile
aumix bash bc busybox bzip2 cpio esound espgs faad2 flac fontconfig
ghostscript-fonts-other ghostscript-fonts-std glib2 gnome-libs gnupg gtk+
gtk+2 gzip ircii lesstif libIDL libao libart_lgpl libdv libdvdcss
libdvdnav libdvdread libglade2 libmikmod libogg libsndfile libvorbis mc
nas nmap openldap openssh openssl pango pcmcia-cs perl qt-x11 rdesktop rpm
rpmunpack rxvt smpeg sox tar tcsh unarj unrar unzip uudeview vorbis-tools
w32codec wmCalClock xfree86 xvid zip zlib

Especially problematic are zlib and perl :(

Anyone has some idea what's going on? I thought problem can be that there
is bad file being cached on our company web proxy, but I can't update the
grimoires even from home, where I connect directly, without using any
proxy server :(

Andy