sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] /bin/true was missing on two systems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] /bin/true was missing on two systems
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:16:22 -0700

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
> All right, test is now at 1.10.2-rc2, devel will auto-rebuild in an hour
> or so.
>
> This and the config_query fixes that went in a few days ago are both
> fairly critical and fairly small changes. So I'd like to slim down the
> test bake time a little from last round. But I'd also like to make sure
> that 1) consensus is okay with that and 2) we have several people test
> this on test sorcery other than myself.
>
> Since I've added /bin/true to protected, anyone with an infected init.d
> running test should be able to recast without problems (I tried and it
> worked). However I want more eyes than just my own looking at this and
> testing it before I commit another stable release. I don't want to have to
> re-release a day later if theres a problem that snuck in under my nose.

I tested the test Sorcery on three machines with `sorcery system-update`, two
of
the machines are using test grimoire and hadn't been updated in about a week,
so
there were some compiles there, the other is on stable (but was testing the
new
sed version before Arwed got to it ;)) and so had one update. All seemed to go
well.

-sandalle