sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: more sorcery stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: more sorcery stuff
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:36:08 -0700

> As far as my opinion matters, I think Sorcery is the soul of smgl so if
> this change leads to a faster evolving and better quality Sorcery, I say
> go for it!

This change will only be effective if users are willing to help test
the "test" release. The reason I'm doing this is because it doesn't
seem like enough users are willing to test devel for us, so by providing
release candidates ahead of the release there might be a better chance
of users using that and testing it. As opposed to now where everyone is
terrified of using devel. And the only way a lot of this gets tested is
after it gets to stable.

If no one helps test it we're back where we were.

So in other words, sorcery is only going to be as good as you (the user)
help make it. Without your feedback/testing the bazaar is useless.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |