sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Offline

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Offline
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:25:29 -0700

Quoting Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>:
> Is that a right-hand/left-hand thing? :^)

Pretty much. :( I call the 800 number, I get directed to the US east coast (I
live on the west coast in the US), the lady can't find my number and thinks
it's because I got the wrong "coastal department", so she forwards me to the
west coast, who also cannot find my account, so they forward me to sales, who
also cannot find my account, but have the information that I have to call my
local ISP since these guys (the phone company) cannot give me any info or
help,
but my ISP calls them up and gets the info. So I call the ISP, they're pretty
helpful (local) and call the phone company, but don't get much help
(apparently
they cannot determine if I have DSL where I'm going to by looking at a map or
something, they /have/ to have a live line there [I'm moving my current line
with me to the new location, so it won't be live until I already need it]). So
I'm also checking into wireless and cable, both of which are cheaper than DSL,
but I've heard good/bad about both.

Well, this'll probably be the last e-mail before I head out (gotta shampoo the
carpets) and then people will get bounces, sorry about that. :(

-sandalle