sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox , character encoding

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl>, Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox , character encoding
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:16:15 +0000

On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:26:06 +0200, Bas van Gils wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I've been struggling with the firefox spell for a while now. I'm
> down to one single problem with it: the character encoding. I just
> cast a clean firefox
> (not the cvs version) and surfed to the CABAL section of our wiki.
> It has a lot of small squares instead of ' characters... and the
> view->character encoding menu option doesn't give me much options.
>
> I've heard ppl say that this is fixed in other browsers but I want
> firefox:-)

Bas,

I am using firefox, and I've just opened our wiki's cabal howto[0]. I got the
strange squares, but when I changed the encoding to windows-1252 I got normal
chars.
So, for me firefox's character encoding works...

[0]http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=HOWTO-Cabal
---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com