sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel Sorcery version

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel Sorcery version
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:28:04 -0700

I can easily check the Changelog file if somebody reports a specific
version that's between two actual versions.

A lot of "nightly" spells that we have will retarball even with no
change, so it's not unusual, although, for the sake of making our
"checking for new version" system, I believe we should implement this
AND tell wget to use ETags or if-modified-since to detect a change on
the server. That would save some bandwidth for updaters. This is
especially important for people who run updates in cron.

I'm also wondering if we want to gpg sign our stable releases?

Seth