sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 4.4, mousewheel and the kernel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Bas van Gils <bas.vangils AT cs.kun.nl>, Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 4.4, mousewheel and the kernel
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:07:10 -0500

I have a Microsoft PS/2 mouse with wheel and works fine with 2.6.6. Your
kernel config appears to specify PS/2 mouse interface. My X11 InputDevice
Section is different than yours.
Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver
#
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I am using udev and the kernel driver for the PS/2 interface creates the
'/dev/psaux' entery.

Hope this helps.
JohnC