sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev and alsa error

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev and alsa error
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:09:17 +0200

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:58:20PM -0500, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> Whenever alsa loads I have to unmute the mixer. Not sure why. This only
> happened since switching to udev (which otherwise works great!). All of
> the /dev/dsp,mixer, etc. have been created.
>
> Jeremy

It's normal that you have to unmute the mixer after loading the alsa
modules, it has always been like that, but either modules.conf or
devfsd.conf probably took care of that for you before.

Here's a solution from the linux-hotplug mailing list, I haven't tried
it myself yet, but it's supposed to work:
create an executable script /etc/dev.d/snd/controlC0/alsa.dev
with this content:

#!/bin/sh -e
exec /usr/sbin/alsactl restore 0

http://www.sourcemage.org