sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev again :(

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Craig Dyke" <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: "discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev again :(
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:47:43 +0800

Thought i would answer all questions here:

Eric said: You also may want to recast init.d with `cast -r -c init.d` and
make sure to say
'n' to devfs and 'y' to udev.

Answer: tried that and also cast udev hotplug as well

Hamish asked: does /etc/inittab exist ?

Answer: yes

As for John below, names in fstab and lilo are correct but they were changed
after the problem started
and system starts with root partition = /udev/hde3 whereas lilo and fstab
now have it as /dev/hde3 because
udev never gets anything in it due to the fact that my system can't get that
far :(

As to why I changed lilo and fstab to originally look in /udev, i was still
coming to grips with what udev is / was about
so thought this was new staging area for devices.

Craig