sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] hotplug net.agent

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] hotplug net.agent
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:29:32 -0500 (CDT)

Using ifplugd has similar problems. Does hotplug call the standard
ifup/ifdown scripts to bring up/down the network interface? The
work-around for ifplugd is to set MODULE="" and UP_ON_BOOT="no" in
/etc/sysconfig/network/*.dev or using netconf. For ifplugd the module then
needs to be loaded via /etc/modules.

Not sure if the spell should do this automatically, perhaps just
displaying a message for the user and placing an appropriate notice in the
long spell description.

-casey