sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] 2.4.25, 2.6.x, SATA, nForce2, no hard drive busy LED

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: "sm-discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] 2.4.25, 2.6.x, SATA, nForce2, no hard drive busy LED
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:04:56 -0500

My system sports an Abit NF7-S mobo with a Western Digital SATA drive. I get
no LED busy light from activity on the SATA drive. It do light up on the
PATA drives. Funny thing, the SATA busy lights up under, ugh, Win2K.

Anybody experiencing this? I have googled this and have found no solution to
date. I got a reply on a user forum at Abit or Silicon Graphic(cant remember
which) that suggested I could make some sort a patch to the mobo(solder a
wire on or some such, no thanks).

I know some of you have an nForce2 board so I was wondering...
JC