sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] "Wine", "wine" and WTF?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] "Wine", "wine" and WTF?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 00:38:41 -0500

Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
Folks,

I'm confused. In the test grimoire under X-11 libs, there is a 'Wine' spell and a 'wine' spell. The 'wine' spell conflicts with 'Wine', but the SPELL variable in DETALS is "Wine' so it actually ends up conflicting with itself.

The 'wine' spell does a far more detailed set-up, but it still utilizes the file windefault.reg, which has been replaced by wine.inf. (I dont; know how to utilize that or I would have fixed all this)

Any one want to fix it, or should I struggle? Do we have a maintainer for WINE?

The original spell was 'Wine'. I'm working on a newer spell, 'wine' which I'm still testing, hence, why I haven't removed the older spell. The problem that you ran into is largely caused by me being forced to use windows for my p4 edits. Windows does not distinguish between a directory named 'Wine' or 'wine'. As far as it is concerned, they are the same directory. So sometimes what will happen, is I'll end up with the 'Wine' DETAILS file getting mixed up with the other 'wine' DETAILS file as I'm doing my edits.

As for the registry, in 'wine' that was a mistake in that a change I made to the POST_INSTALL didn't get copied over, and uploaded to p4.

Both these fixes should be in p4 now. I'm beginning to think about removing the original wine spell. Since the newer version seems more stable now, but I don't think it's quite ready yet.

Geoff