sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery user

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery user
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:06:28 -0800

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:55:41PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>:
> > For a while now I've been thinking we should try to minimize our use of
> > 'root' and try to do everything using another user, say, 'sorcery' or
> > something and only do the 'make install' commands as root (maybe a few
> > others if necissary).
> >
> > Other peoples thoughts / comments?
> >
> > Geoff
>
> I believe this was planned for some point in the future (perhaps now?) as
> it'd
> be "safer" and also is a better idea, in general.

This is one of the planned benefits of a world with BUILD split up.

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |