sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] spell - first aid

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] spell - first aid
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:31:11 -0800

On Thursday 18 March 2004 2:10 am, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> as we discussed splitting BUILD i think we could add some file with
> first aid help (HELP, AID, SAVIOUR, SUCCOUR, ...).
> Now it is a part of BUILD or POST_INSTALL (you have to modify ...,
> change password by ..., map an URI on your ...) and it is easy to miss
> it.
> If it was in a separate file we could also improve gaze to print this
> file (gaze help spell_name).
>
> Have a nice ...
> - lace -

I think this is a fine idea. And, if implemented (not necessarily pre-1.0),
could do two things: 1) it could make all after spell cast messages to the
user a uniform style, and therefore be easier to spot, and 2) it could be
set in sorcery to be handled at the end of the cast of spells (rebuild,
update, etc.), rather than at the end of each individual spell, making it
more likely that the information would be seen by the user.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)