sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire] glibc and kernel headers with 2.6.3 kernel and 0.9.2 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: tjolson AT bellatlantic.net
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire] glibc and kernel headers with 2.6.3 kernel and 0.9.2 iso
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:07:59 -0800

Quoting tjolson AT bellatlantic.net:
> Yes, I've been trying to get a stable install, this is the 3rd or 4th time
> I've
> installed. The other times, I build a kernel, went through the install, but
> when
> I rebooted, all I would get was "LI", from LILO, then a half screen of
> "99's".

That's usually caused by a mis-configured LILO, IIRC.

> Hmmm, but this time, I did not build my own kernel, I copied, figuring it
> was
>
> avoid problems and save time. This time no "99's", but I hit this bump in
> the
>
> road.

Did you setup LILO the same way?

> Will I run into problems compiling a new kernel, since binutils, gcc and
> gettext have been recompiled for my architecture, but not glibc?

You shouldn't as the kernel would just build against the non-NPTL glibc, which
is fine.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61