sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gstreamer-0.6 and gst-plugins-0.6??

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gstreamer-0.6 and gst-plugins-0.6??
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:19:28 +0100

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 04:36:46PM -0500, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> These install some of the same files at their normal counterparts and
> they don't CONFLICT. I imagine this will cause problems.

I know they install some of the same files (the unversioned binaries),
this will cause problems for cast --fix, but for nothing else (the
binaries do the same in both packages, look for the versioned binary
with the highest version and run it).
I'd love to fix it, but it's not possible without some serious Makefile
hacking, as they don't have a configure option to not install the
unversioned binaries.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz Sourcemage GNU/Linux developer
http://www.sourcemage.org