sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] 2.6.x's Suspend to Disk Feature

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] 2.6.x's Suspend to Disk Feature
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:27:59 -0800

Quoting David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:
> >I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 and using ACPI (in KDE, not sure how to do it
> in
> >others) I can suspend my laptop and resume it later. It doesn't always work
> >(I've tried it twice, it failed once, but that's when I wasn't paying
> attention
> >and setting things up, so it could be a PEBKAC error).
>
> So how did you get it to suspend, you just set it up in kde?
>
> >I have Suspend-to-Disk enabled on my root partition, but I'm not sure ACPI
> is
> >using that or not.
> >
> >-sandalle

Under the Power Management -> Power (or some such, in XFCE right now) I went
the last tab, ran "Setup Helper", set it up, restarted KDE, then went back to
the power management and set up my defaults and told it to suspend if I shut
the lid. I can also use the KBattery to suspend. However, for some reason this
time I set it up it always thinks my batteries have 00:00 minutes left, even
when they're at 83% or so.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61