sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] init script installation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] init script installation
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:13:12 +0100

Hi,

there are quite some problems with the current way init scripts get
installed. I know the idea was to have the questions asked at the
beginnning of the cast, which is a good idea, but now it also installs
the init script before the spell is even cast, causing several problems:
- if i cast a spell that has an init script and then tell sorcery no
when it asks 'do you really want to cast these spells?', the init
script is already installed and errors out on the next boot
- init scripts don't get tracked by installwatch, and thus don't get
removed on dispel, causing the same effect as my first problem

So instead of installing them right away, sorcery should remember the
answers to the questions and install them when the spell really gets
installed.

Am i right with that, or is there some other reason behind installing
them directly (untracked)?

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video