sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] mod_jk2 for apach2 and tomcat 4.*

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] mod_jk2 for apach2 and tomcat 4.*
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:56:34 -0600

I've made mod_jk2 compile for sourcemage[1]. I had to hack it pretty bad
though.
If anyone on this list could spare some time and could take a look at this and
see if they can streamline it so the hacks don't have to happen I'll turn this
into a spell and try to fix the tomcat spells so that we can have a servlet
container. I use JSP hardcore at work and I really want to redo my webpage in
JSP instead of PHP because of the MVC structure. but now I'm just rambling
because its 2am and I'm really tired and I love SourceMage and I need
sleep....[2] sorry

_ ._ _ , _ ._
(_ ' ( ` )_ .__)
( ( ( ) `) ) _)
(__ (_ (_ . _) _) ,__)
`~~`\ ' . /`~~`
,::: ; ; :::,
':::::::::::::::'
_____________/_ __ \____________
David Kowis
Computer Programmer

[1] http://shlrm.org/examples/jsp/index.html
<w00t I can run servlets thru apache2>

[2]http://wiki.sourcemage.org/?page=I+Love+Source+Mage
<the greatest rant ever>

How to install mod_jk2 with sourcemage:

get the source
extract it

go into the source directory and then into jk/native2
run the following configure command:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-tomcat41=/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29
--with-apr-lib=/usr/include/apr --with-apr-include=/usr/include/apr
--with-apr-lib=/usr/lib

<begin hack job>
go into server/apache[2,13]
edit 'Makefile' and find the LIBTOOL= line and replace it with something
like
LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool --tag=CXX

the tag part is needed to make it work

then go to /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu and make a symlink so that the
version number is 3.2.2
<end hack job>

run make
run libtool --finish /usr/libexec

go to <source directory>/jk/build/jk2/apache2
cp *.so /usr/libexec

follow steps 18-end from http://www.thinlizard.com/lizard/modjk2.html

Useful Links:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat
http://www.thinlizard.com/lizard/modjk2.html

  • [SM-Discuss] mod_jk2 for apach2 and tomcat 4.*, David Kowis, 12/13/2003